Mine lehele Eelmine  1, 2, 3

Uus teema   Vasta teemale    SATELLITE -> Üldine diskussioon
Vaata eelmist teemat :: Vaata järgmist teemat  
Autor Teade
Craig

PostitusPostitatud: 13. oktoober, 2006 0:08    Teema: Vasta viitega

dpr kirjutas:
nüüd siis selline lugu:

...the video for the single "Martyr", made by Swedish director Andreas Nilsson (of The Knife fame), has been rejected and won't be released. Instead the DVD single will feature a "video montage"...

''video montaget'' vaadake SiiN

kuidagi punnitatud värk tundub.. vaeva on nähtud palju aga mis nagu asja mõte on? kõiki videosid demoda? või.... no ei saa aru, tehke selgeks lollile..
Davets

PostitusPostitatud: 13. oktoober, 2006 12:36    Teema: Vasta viitega

Samad sõnad Graig! Tundub jh pigem see video reklaamina. Ahh, mis siin ikka, see "Best Off..." lõhnab rohkem raha järgi. Pean lihtsalt natuke jälle virisema, et oleks ikka tahtnud videos näha originaalsust mitte vanade videode promomist.
Tagasi üles
Vaata kasutaja profiili Saada privaatsõnum
Indrek

PostitusPostitatud: 16. oktoober, 2006 9:59    Teema: Martyr Remix Package Review Vasta viitega

KODUlehekülg Home annab päris hea ülevaate uutest miksidest.
Tekitab isu küll. Ega neid kõike pole vist lootustki amtlikul helikandjal hankida? Huvitav mis võimalused veel on? Kui keegi netist selle paketi kätte saand on, siis võiks selle kuskile teistele tõmbamiseks ka välja panna vms.

Martyr Remix Package Review October 15

Here is Home’s review of the remixes coming out with the new single Martyr. An interesting crop of remixers was chosen this time and they have taken the songs in some new and unique directions.

Martyr (Paul van Dyk Vonyc Lounge Mix)

When I heard that Paul Van Dyk was remixing this time, I wasn’t really sure what to think. To be honest, I’m not much of a fan. He has made some interesting music and I do like how he has pushed the boundaries of what he does….just not enough to interest me over all. The music is just to rooted in trance, which I’m not a fan of, so I was not expecting too much from him. That being said, I was really pleased at what he came up with. Maybe expecting the worst was the trick for me liking them? I don’t know, but they are so much better then I thought they were going to be over all. This mix, the “Vonyc Lounge Mix”, is the best of the three that Mr.Van Dyk turned in. The atmosphere of this mix is one that has a lot of emotion layered over a driving, but not overpowering beat. More of a moody mix then an adrenalin based club mix, though, it would work well in a club at the same time. His use of the vocals and main guitar riff showed he really put an effort into linking his take of the song back to the original. While it does drift away from the original, the soul of the song is not lost on this one.

Martyr (Paul van Dyk Dub Mix)

Now this mix is way more driving then the Lounge Mix. This one comes right out the gate with a good driving progressive beat with more of a rockin’ deep feel to it. Not as trance as I thought he could have gone with it, thankfully, and it has a really good feel to it. Lots of layers and little sounds coming in and out all through this one that give it an epic feeling without going over the top. There are these really warm synths used to give the mix a “floating” type of feeling to it as well. Fantastic bass line with those big breakdowns that he is known for, this one is great for the clubs! It’s a dub, so not a lot of vocals used, but dropped in from time to time. The same goes for the main guitar riff as well.

Martyr (Paul van Dyk Dub Vox Mix)

Pretty much the same mix as the Dub, but with a lot more vocals thrown in. The vocals make the mix so much better, but not used through out the whole mix. They just add another layer to a pretty progressive dance mix and there is no mystery what song it is. Again, it just goes to show that Dave Gahan’s voice works on every level. My only complaint would be that the vocals are not a little louder in the mix, it just seems they are a layer rather then a focal point that I think they should be. Still sounds good, but could have been used a little better in my book. Over all, I couldn’t be more pleased with the mixes he came up with and it makes me want to go check in on what he has been putting out recently.

Martyr (Booka Shade Full Vocal Mix)

Ok, this is what I’m talking about! This is a fantastic mix, in fact, one of the best mixes I have heard for them in a while. This is a remix that takes the original and transforms it into something new, but it’s still Martyr at the same time. It’s the perfect blend of Depeche Mode and Booka Shade. That smooth sound of theirs integrated so well that it’s almost like this could have been the released version. On this one, they don’t over power the song with their sound, they really make an effort to keep the song in tact and that respect for the original really comes through on this one. Don’t get me wrong, it’s clearly Booka at the helm on this remix, but the core of the song is still intact. One of the many highlights of the mix is the break in the middle. It comes to the break with Dave singing with synths circling all around his voice and just as the song drops all the way down…. a sample of the intro of “Behind The Wheel” comes in a kicks the song right back in. It’s truly is a fantastic mix and one I think a lot of the fans will love! They are huge fans of Depeche as well!

Martyr (Booka Shade Travel Mix)

Now this Booka Shade mix of Martyr is a lot darker then the “Full Vocal Mix”. This time around you see the deeper, layered electro house side of Booka Shade. Good driving beat with a lot of sounds coming in and out all over the place. There is a cool effect on Dave’s voice this time that gives it more of a digital edge to it and it really works with this style of mix. There is this dark, almost menacing, synth line that just washes all over and through out the mix that just adds to the over all dark, moody feeling of the mix. The main guitar riff is giving this cool cut up style treatment that they drop in from time to time as well. While this mix does have a minimal feel to it, I wouldn’t say it is minimal either. Is it possible to be minimal without being boring? Yes, and this remix proves it.

Martyr (Booka Shade Dub Mix)

Here we go with a grooving electro dub mix of Martyr. I mean, if that baseline does not grab you from the beginning, you have something wrong with you. The thing I love about Booka Shade is their ability to do so much with so little. They can take a track and make it sound so small, but large at the same time and they show that side of themselves here. A powerful baseline with all these little minimal sounds popping in and out of everywhere on top of this soft, yet electro house beat. Sounds chaotic, but it’s not. In fact, it works really, really well. Again, it’s a dub mix…. but you hear parts of the original dropped in all over the place. It’s really interesting how they put this one together. While the songs starts off a little cold and distant, these smooth warm synths come in and the song takes a new life as this electro jazzy opus. It’s almost like this remix has mood swings….. and I love it! A huge departure from the original, true, but no loss of emotion here at all. So many dub mixes are just slapped together and this one is truly unique and I really love it for that.

Martyr (Alex Smoke Gravel Mix)

I’m huge fan of Alex Smoke and have been listening to his last album “Paradolia” like a mad man. After hearing his awesome remix for Junior Boys recently, I was really expecting something amazing for Depeche. Well, to be honest, the mix falls a little flat. There is a good chance I built it up a little too much in my mind and it would have never reached my expectations and I realize that, but it still was a little weak. Not bad, just flat. I really like where he was going with it though. He remixed the song with a funky, minimal techno vibe and I think it could have really worked, but something is missing. It really pains me to be critical of it, but it just seems like the added synths clash with Dave’s vocals and that alone throws the mix off. It starts off so strong and then just gets lost in itself and it’s a shame really. He’s an amazing artist and remixer, but sadly this mix didn’t really capture that.

Martyr (Dreher & S.M.Art B.N. Reload Remix)

Yeah, I like this one a lot. This mix is just one that will pack the dance floor! A good solid beat with a really funky bass line… you just can’t go wrong with that. Really fun synths come in and give the mix a deep vibe, but still with a solid groove. That’s the best way to describe this mix, a solid groove. Not a whole lot of vocals going on here, just the chorus sampled in and the main guitar riff looped in as well. This mix will do well for what it’s intended for…but I don’t think the average DM fan will think it’s anything more then a boring club mix. My only complaints would be is it’s abrupt end and seems a little short. Other then that, a solid club mix with a good tech house vibe to it.

Personal Jesus (Boys Noize Rework)

Now here is an interesting take on a Depehce Mode classic. This is one of those mixes you have to hear to believe really. It starts off with the breathing sounds of the original and goes into this really odd electro, almost glammy mix. I’m not sure of what I think of it, but I really like how they used the original parts of the song. They drop samples in all over the place, while it sounds pretty hectic at times, there are a consistent thread through the whole reworking of the song. The term “Rework” really applies to this one. Again, I’m really not sure what’s is going on here, but people will either love it or hate it. I don’t think there is a middle ground with this one. A grimy, electro glam mix of an electro rock track?? You’re guess will be as good as mine.

Personal Jesus (Hearthrob Reworkd 2)

Here is another “Rework” of Personal Jesus, this time by Brooklyn’s own Hearthob. Coming in with their signature minimal, driving techno they really do take the song in a whole new direction. The remix comes right out with a deep, minimal beat, but with a fun bounce to it that will really get you moving. It also has a lot of little electric sounds that dive in and out over the funky beat that really adds some depth to the over all feel to the mix. This mix is built around an amazing bass line that just grabs you and you can’t help but move to it. The original vocals are used, but in a casual way. Some will write this style of mix off as boring and pretentious, but there is a lot of feeling being delivered on this one, just not in the way you know the song normally. I’m always worried this style of mix will date itself to it’s era and not have a long life span, but in reality that’s what the mixes of the past do as well so I’m over that thinking all together.

Personal Jesus (Timo Maas Remix)

“Timo Maas again?” Is what I thought to myself when I saw his name as a remixer again, but he came through with another fantastic remix! I have never been a huge fan of repeat remixers, but Timo can remix anytime he wants. I loved his take on “Enjoy The Silence” back in 2004 and I love his take on “Personal Jesus” here in 2006. In some ways you could say it’s very similar to the “Enjoy The Silence” mix, but this one is a little more deep then that one. If you liked that mix, you will love this one for sure. I think this is the best of the new mixes of “Personal Jesus” if you ask me. Up beat enough for the clubs, but also perfect for the home. It’s a good deep, driving mix that takes the song in more of a laid back direction. Timo’s use of the vocals is great and his subtle drops from the original parts are a nice addition as well. One thing I love is he recreated some of the sounds from the album version and made them his own sound and it works great. I’m really impressed with this one and it is one of the better mixes of all the new ones out there. I think people are really going to like this one. I don’t even miss the main guitar riff at all, not even needed on this one.

Never Let Me Down Again (Digitalism Remix)

Can you say gritty? Wow, I could never imagine “Never Let Me Down Again” remixed like this. It’s a massive departure from the original and one a lot of fans will struggle with for sure. I should preface this with telling you that I’m a Digitalism fan, so this mix is something I really like myself. I will be in the complete minority on this one and I now it. This remix is classic Digitalism from top to bottom. Gritty, electro house with a glitchy, cut up edge. Take the vocals out and there would be no sign of Depeche Mode at all, but that’s the style of this one. While this remix will get a pretty hard beating from the fans, I have to say I’m impressed that they would go with someone like them to remix such a fan favorite. It’s pushing the limits of what and who they are and that is a huge part of why I have stayed a fan for so long. It’s interesting, odd, and great at the same time. It sounds like Daft Punk’s “Human After All” and Depeche Mode thrown into a blender on the highest setting! Others will describe it as “jarring”, I’ll leave it up to you.

Everything Counts (Troy Pierce Unofficial Business Mix)

A really unique mix and what I was hoping for from Alex Smoke’s remix of “Martyr” really. Troy Pierce has been putting out some really amazing music for a while now and he doesn’t let down on this remix as far as I’m concerned. This is a really groovin’, quirky tech house mix that really has a strong minimal techno vibe again. Way more laid back then I thought it was going to be. His mix for “Silent Shout” for Mute label mates The Knife was so up beat and even had a classic acid/new beat throwback feel to it where this one is way stripped down. Even the way the vocals and samples were used was done in a really minimal way. That’s what you get when you get minimal techno guys to remix your song, so no stretch there. This is not how a majority of DM fans will like to have seen this song remixed, but it’s amazing for this style of music. “Everything Counts” is one of my personal all time favorites and I really like this abstract take on such a classic pop song.

Everything Counts (Oliver Huntemann & Stephan Bodzin Dub)

This mix is a lot more of a funky, rockin’n electro, tech house mix then Troy Pierce’s more minimal take on the song. This one comes right out at you with a driving beat that will make you take notice right away. This mix has a “big” feel to it and one that is meant to rock the peak hours of a club. The use of the samples was great too. I hope they made a vocal mix and that it surfaces some day, it would be amazing to hear that version. It could be that the full vocals might not work with what they did, but they are missing though they do sample them in here and there. It’s a dub mix, that’s how these mixes go though. I could really see this mix getting a lot of play in the clubs! If people hear it, they will know it’s “Everything Counts”, but in a total new way.

People Are People (Underground Resistance Remix)

Detroit’s techno underground get there hands on the song that broke Depeche Mode in the U.S. all the way back in 1984. Underground Resistance, or just simply UR, take their edgy and driving techno sound to make an odd and almost bizarre mix of “People Are People”. I’m sure the song presented them with some challenges to remix in their style, but I’m not sure how this works… on any level. Yeah, it’s a fair to ok driving techno song, but does not work as a remix. I’m really at a loss for this one. I’m really struggling to put the words together to describe this one. Underworld part 2 perhaps?

Just Can't Get Enough (Dirty South Mix)

Wow, I’m not even sure where to go with this one either. I have always been a huge fan of the song, as cheesy and dated as it is, and I was really looking forward to an updated mix for it. Well, we got one and it’s just ok. The mix is an odd blend of electro and this odd old school throwback back beat. It’s kind of all over the place and really doesn’t have much to it. Sadly, a missed opportunity for something that could have been great. I get the abstract mixes, I get the club mixes, but I don’t get this at all. Fairly generic and boring to be honest. I want to like it, I really do, but I think I like the idea of it more then anything. A lot of fans are split on the song as it is, but they will all agree on the “What were they thinking?” when they hear this mix. Same goes for the “People Are People” mix now that I think of it. What a let down.

Sinner In Me (Ricardo Villalobos Conclave Remix)

Ah, Ricardo Villalobos! I have been a fan of his for a while now and I’m so thrilled he remixed Depeche Mode and “Sinner In Me” no less. I love this song and I love it live, it’s just a great song all the way around. This mix, however, is a huge departure from the version that you find on “Playing The Angel”. A full thirteen-minute departure! Villalobos’s smooth production and minimal techno takes over and moves the song into a whole new realm. When I listen to the album version, it doesn’t really scream “remix” as much as other tracks do, so hearing a remix version is really exciting. Villalobos takes the song so far from the original and melts it into a funky, minimal house track. While so many of the key elements of the album version are missing, there is something really special about this version of the song. The vocals lay over the flowing beat and some huge soft, warm synths that come in and round this fantastic mix out. The funky percussion that seems to bounce behind the beat and extremely funky base line really adds to the depth of a fairly minimal mix. Less is more? Yeah, for sure… especially here. The last half of the mix is the topper, just great added synths with that funky percussion almost in the peripheral…amazing. This mix will be a big disappointment for fans of the original version that don’t care for the more abstract remixes.
Tagasi üles
dpr

PostitusPostitatud: 7. detsember, 2006 14:42    Teema: Vasta viitega

Martyr - The FletchCam(™) Video
Tagasi üles
olli

PostitusPostitatud: 7. detsember, 2006 15:10    Teema: Vasta viitega

viimane info mis selle promosingli kohta kuulsin oli järgmine - seda olla kalli raha eest kusagil interneti oksjonil müüdud....
Tagasi üles
Vaata kasutaja profiili Saada privaatsõnum MSN Messenger
dpr

PostitusPostitatud: 7. detsember, 2006 16:33    Teema: Vasta viitega

järgmisest esmapäevast vinüül kah saadaval:

Mute has released the vinyl formats of Depeche Mode's current single, Martyr. Included this time is a special double 12" of some old classics as well as a 7".

12BONG39
A1. Martyr (Booka Shade Travel Mix)
B1. Martyr (Dreher & S.M. Art B.N. Reload Remix)
B2. Martyr (Alex Smoke Gravel Mix)

Out Monday December 11th

L12BONG39 - Double Pack
12" Single (#1)
1. Personal Jesus (Boys Noize Rework)
2. Never Let Me Down Again (Digitalism Remix)

12" Single (#2)
1. Everything Counts (Oliver Huntemann & Stephan Bodzin Dub)
2. People Are People (Underground Resistance Remix)

BONG39 - Ltd Edition Picture 7" Disc
A Martyr (Single Version)
B Never Let Me Down Again (Digitalism Remix)
Tagasi üles
Indrek

PostitusPostitatud: 8. detsember, 2006 11:50    Teema: Vasta viitega

Fletch on vahepeal jälle oma kaameraga möllanud. Pidavat vaatajale teada andma kuidas valmis Martyr. Ise veel näind pole.

Die Fletch Cam ist wieder da!
Diesmal hat Fletch die Arbeiten zur aktuellen Single "Martyr"
mitgeschnitten.
Von den ursprünglichen 10 Min Videomaterial hat Brat ein feines Video zusammengeschnitten, das sich sehen lassen kann.
Viel Spass bei diesem exklusiven Clip:

http://www.repriserec.com//depechemode/video/exclusives/martyr_fletchcam320.mov
Tagasi üles
olli

PostitusPostitatud: 1. veebruar, 2007 0:26    Teema: Vasta viitega

sinner in me villalobose käe-pea-nupu-aparaadi alt läbi käinuna, peaks homme lõpuks ilusal ümmargusel 12" kujul näpus ja kõrvas olema Very Happy ....
Tagasi üles
painkiller

PostitusPostitatud: 1. veebruar, 2007 11:21    Teema: Vasta viitega

misasi ?
Tagasi üles
Vaata kasutaja profiili Saada privaatsõnum Vaata liikme veebilehte MSN Messenger
olli

PostitusPostitatud: 1. veebruar, 2007 11:59    Teema: Vasta viitega

depeche mode sinner in me (villalobos remix) promo300
Tagasi üles
trc

PostitusPostitatud: 1. veebruar, 2007 12:21    Teema: Vasta viitega

olli mul ei ole endiselt martyri Sad lohuta mind Sad
Tagasi üles
olli

PostitusPostitatud: 1. veebruar, 2007 12:23    Teema: Vasta viitega

trc kirjutas:
olli mul ei ole endiselt martyri Sad lohuta mind Sad

no kui laupäeval näeme, siis lohutan Very Happy
Tagasi üles
mrtn

PostitusPostitatud: 1. veebruar, 2007 12:23    Teema: Vasta viitega

mul ka mitte. lohutage mind plaadiga.
Tagasi üles
mrtn

PostitusPostitatud: 1. veebruar, 2007 12:24    Teema: Vasta viitega

trc, selle eest pead mu Erasure plaadi üles otsima.
Tagasi üles
Reasta teated:   
Uus teema   Vasta teemale    SATELLITE -> Üldine diskussioon Kõik ajad on GMT + 3 Tundi
Mine lehele Eelmine  1, 2, 3
Lehekülg 3, lehekülgi kokku 3

Hüppa:  
Sa ei saa teha siia alafoorumisse uusi teemasid
Sa ei saa vastata siinsetele teemadele
Sa ei saa muuta oma postitusi
Sa ei saa kustutada oma postitusi
Sa ei saa hääletada küsitlustes