KKK  |  Otsi  |  Liikmete nimekiri  |  Kasutajagrupid  |  Registreeri 
Profiil  |  Privaatsõnumite lugemiseks logi sisse  |  Logi sisse

Duran Duran name new album
Mine lehele 1, 2  Järgmine

Uus teema   Vasta teemale    SATELLITE -> Üldine diskussioon
Vaata eelmist teemat :: Vaata järgmist teemat  
Autor Teade
olli

PostitusPostitatud: 5. juuli, 2007 14:57    Teema: Duran Duran name new album Vasta viitega

Duran Duran name new album
Justin Timberlake features on new disc
04.Jul.07 11:56am

Duran Duran have named their album 'Red Carpet Massacre'.

According to posting on duranduran.com, the band are putting the final touches to the record with producer Nate 'Danja' Hills.

The band also worked with Timbaland and Justin Timberlake on some tracks.

Song titles include the title track, 'Last Man Standing', 'Box Full O'Honey', 'The Valley', 'Falling Down' (co-written with Timberlake) and 'Skin Divers' (co-written with Timberlake and Timbaland and featuring both artists).

It's the first album since the departure of guitarist Andy Taylor, who left after reuniting with the original line up for 2004's 'Astronaut'. No release date for the album has been announced.

The band recently played as part of the Concert For Diana and are set to play the London leg of Live Earth this weekend (July 7).

http://www.nme.com/news/duran-duran/29415
Tagasi üles
Vaata kasutaja profiili Saada privaatsõnum MSN Messenger
olli

PostitusPostitatud: 5. juuli, 2007 15:02    Teema: Vasta viitega

lisaks veel:

London Live Earth line-up revealed
The running order, plus what acts will play at climate gig
1 hour ago

The line-up for the London leg of this weekend's Live Earth (July 7) climate concert has emerged ahead of the Wembley Stadium show.

Setlists, guest hosts and even a surprise appearance by Justin Timberlake have been published this morning (July 5).

Timberlake is set to make a guest appearance in Duran Duran's set, while 'Dr Who' actor David Tennant, comedians including Ricky Gervais, Eddie Izzard and former Shockwaves NME Awards host Russell Brand plus Hollywood actors Ben Affleck and Leonard DiCaprio will be present, reports The Sun.

edasi loe:

http://www.nme.com/news/live-earth/29428
Tagasi üles
dpr

PostitusPostitatud: 6. juuli, 2007 15:05    Teema: Vasta viitega

mõned uued lood YouTube'is:

Nite Runner (kirjutatud koos Justin Timberlake'iga)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=4Zx_6hXMKcg

The Valley
http://youtube.com/watch?v=af_3-DJEPZg

Box full O'Honey
http://youtube.com/watch?v=wXM2oi1NnUE
Tagasi üles
Vaata kasutaja profiili Saada privaatsõnum
dpr

PostitusPostitatud: 18. august, 2007 10:09    Teema: Vasta viitega

Duran Duran - Falling Down

Uue plaadi esimene singel kuulamiseks üles pandud. Produtsendiks Justin Timberlake ja vanast heast Duranist pole kahjuks enam jälgegi. Crying or Very sad
Tagasi üles
olli

PostitusPostitatud: 21. august, 2007 21:10    Teema: Vasta viitega

dpr kirjutas:
Duran Duran - Falling Down

Uue plaadi esimene singel kuulamiseks üles pandud. Produtsendiks Justin Timberlake ja vanast heast Duranist pole kahjuks enam jälgegi. Crying or Very sad

no maitea - mu meelest nii hull ka nüüd pole...
Tagasi üles
dpr

PostitusPostitatud: 10. september, 2007 7:36    Teema: Vasta viitega

veel mõned lood kuulamiseks saadaval ja aina hullemaks läheb mu meelest Rolling Eyes

http://duranduran.no/cms/

duranduran.com andmetel plaat millaski nov. keskel saadaval.
Tagasi üles
le Bon

PostitusPostitatud: 10. september, 2007 8:52    Teema: Vasta viitega

FD 25 sept raadio us
RCM 12 nov eu / 13 us

1. The Valley (4:57)
2. Red Carpet Massacre (3:16)
3. Nite Runner (3:56)
4. Falling Down (5:39)
5. Box Full O' Honey (3:09)
6. Skin Divers (4:23)
7. Tempted (4:22)
8. Tricked Out (2:46)
9. Zoom In (3:25)
10. She's Too Much (5:30)
11. Dirty Great Monster (3:41)
12. Last Man Standing (4:00)

http://duranduranmusic.com/index.php?page=falling_down&title=Falling%20Down&return_page=red_carpet
dpr

PostitusPostitatud: 25. september, 2007 13:01    Teema: Vasta viitega

side-line-ist:

Duran Duran shoot X-rated video in LA

Duran Duran shoot X-rated video in LA. Some promotional mayhem is always welcome, especially in the case of the slick fashion UK outfit Duran Duran. As they are preparing the release of their new album "Red Carpet Massacre", due out November 12 in the UK and a day later in the US, they have spread the word that their video for "Falling Down" will have 'models in rehab' as main theme. The video for the track "Falling Down", co-written and produced by Justin Timberlake, was inspired by a photo shoot in a fashion magazine that depicted models in rehab. The video was directed by Anthony Mandler known for his work with 50 Cent, The Killers, Beyonce and similar bling bling popstars. Two version have bene made, an X-rated version featuring topless models, and a 'normal' one.
Tagasi üles
le Bon

PostitusPostitatud: 25. september, 2007 13:22    Teema: Vasta viitega

Tracklisting, with comments by Simon LeBon, Nick Rhodes, John Taylor, Roger Taylor, and Timbaland

The Valley
Music: Duran Duran and Nate Hills
Lyrics: Simon LeBon
Co-produced by Duran Duran, Nate Hills and Jimmy Douglass

JT “This was the breakthrough, the crossover, the song we could build an album around. We set up the gear in the control room and came up with a progressive groove. It ended up becoming the album opener and feels like the perfect track to start our upcoming shows with.”

SLeB “It’s about looking at life as moments rather than achievements. It’s about making one’s way through the trials and tribulations of life.”

Red Carpet Massacre

NR: “Punk electronica - a bit like Warm Leatherette, the 1979 track by the Normal. Very tongue-in-cheek and very apropos of where we are now in the world with regards to reality TV and the whole 15 minutes of fame existence.”

SLeB “It’s about Hollywood ‘A-listers’ having a go at each other – about the fantasy of celebrity and the media. It’s sex, seduction and glamour - all the things we stand for, which is why we made it the album title. We wanted something with teeth.”

Nite-Runner, with Justin Timberlake and Timbaland
Music: Duran Duran, Justin Timberlake, Timbaland and Nate Hills.
Lyrics: Simon LeBon, Justin Timberlake and Timbaland
Co-produced by Duran Duran, Timbaland, Justin Timberlake and Nate Hills

NR “This was the first collaboration we did with Justin, Tim and Nate. It felt like we were in a nightclub. When we finished it we knew we were on the verge of something new.”

SLeB: “This reminded me of NOTORIOUS when the band first split and we worked with Nile Rodgers.”

Falling Down, with Justin Timberlake
Music: Duran Duran and Justin Timberlake
Produced by Justin Timberlake

NR: “It’s a really beautiful, fragile song. It was so easy. Sometimes that’s the mystery of making music and writing songs. It can be just natural and happens there and then, and other times you can struggle for weeks and not get what you want.”

SLeB “It’s about a crash I had when I was racing a motorbike, the thoughts that ran through my mind before I hit the ground. As soon as I got the chorus, Justin was like, ‘That’s it!!’ ”

JT “It’s easy to be esoteric. It’s so much harder to write from the heart. This is an important song for Duran.”

RT “I’d just got back from my honeymoon in St Lucia and the phone rang. Justin was talking about us recording the new Ordinary World. An hour later we were all in a van driving to Manchester.”

Skin Divers, featuring Timbaland
Music: Duran Duran, Timbaland, Nate Hills
Lyrics: Simon LeBon and Timbaland
Co-produced: Duran Duran, Timbaland, Nate Hills

Timbaland: “That one hit me instant.”

JT: “This is the song that best captures the sense of Timband meets Duran Duran. It wrote itself during a jam and then Tim finished off his parts a couple of months later when he was in the UK - very late at night, after a gig. He came down to the hotel ballroom and just recorded them on a laptop. Fucking genius. When you are that talented you don’t need too much technology to create the magic!”

NR: “This is my favorite track. A real hybrid of Timbaland and Nate’s grooves and our live playing. It’s riddled with hooks.”

Box full o’honey

NR “I started playing some chords late one night in the studio and it sort of grew from there.”

SLeB “It’s my best lyric on the album. I can see the person I’m writing about, my ‘queen of tumbledown.’ No, I won’t say who she is. People seem to be able to really relate to this song. It touches them in an emotional way.”

Tempted

JT “This is the dance party track. It’s arms in the air for French discos.”

SLeB “Nate Hills said before we recorded this, ‘do you wanna go up, or go down?’ It’s about dance-floor politics.”

NR “It was instant smiles as soon as we gave in to our disco temptation. Which is always a good sign. It’s like a song inside a mirror ball.”

Tricked Out

NR “We set out to do something unusual for the live show, a special moment. Usually the instrumental song is the one that doesn’t make the album and ends up as a bonus track, so I’m very happy we all liked this one.”

SLeB “I was going to do a melody over it but then I thought I’d leave it. This gives me a chance to change my shirt during the concert!”

RT “This takes us back to our roots. 1979, Joy Division, Siouxsie, post punk with a bit of techno.”

Zoom In
Music: Duran Duran, Timbaland, Nate Hills
Co-produced: Duran Duran, Timbaland, Nate Hills

NR “This is a very cool mixture of electro and rock. It feels very super-cyber-futuristic. The drum track was really one-take, all the way through.”

JT “Very Timbaland, very Nate, very New York, a real transition track for us.”

SLeB “It’s about the Second Life virtual world that exists on the web which Neil Stevenson writes about in his novel Snow Crash, where you can create an avatar. The sound was angular, digital, something from a different perspective.”

She’s Too Much

SLeB “It’s about my 16 year old daughter Saffron. She was in the studio that day and triggered the lyrics. I didn’t know I was writing about her until the second line ‘she’s everything head first.’ It tells a story. It’s a soft moment on the album.”

NR “This is a key track, a story telling ballad, which touches base with our traditional songwriting.”

JT “We built this up in a very textural way around the chords.”

Dirty Great Monster

NR: “It’s about the elephant in the living room. We brought in a sax player for this one and said to him ‘play something that’s really ‘sick’.’ And he did and it really made the track.”

SLeB: “It’s a song without a chorus. It doesn’t pay off in the way that everyone expects.”

Last Man Standing

SLeB “This one has very soft vocals.”

RT “This is one of my favourites. We did a lot of overdubbing with Dom Brown, the guitarist we use for our live shows.”

NR “The missing link between this album and our last, ASTRONAUT. Simon is so good at assuming a character.”

DURAN DURAN
Red Carpet Massacre, the new studio album.
Released on Epic, November 13, 2007
Duran Duran’s RED CARPET MASSACRE marks an all time creative high in the band’s illustrious 29-year career. Like all good things, it came to those who waited.

By May 2006, after a two-year tour in support of their previous album ASTRONAUT, Duran Duran had completed 14 songs for a record provisionally titled ‘Reportage.’ But according to singer Simon LeBon “When we sat down and listened to what we had done on our own, we didn’t feel we had a lead track, so we got in touch with Timbaland, who was the only producer out there that we knew we all liked.” America’s most pop savvy producer was more than happy to help and a session was duly set up at the Manhattan Center Studios in New York in September of the same year. What none of the band realized prior to taking off in this new direction, however, was that one of their biggest fans, Justin Timberlake, was also keen to get involved in the project, so when they arrived in the US he made room in the middle of his album release campaign to spend time in the studio with them.

But as if this new collaboration wasn’t enough to really change things up, in the midst of all this, guitarist Andy Taylor split with the band, and with his departure the remaining four band members opted to change tack and start over completely.
“It was a real revelation working with producers that just understood the ‘groove factor’,” enthuses keyboardist Nick Rhodes “And this really brought back the heart and the spirit of Duran Duran. They’re an extraordinary team,” he continues. “They have a fantastic chemistry in the studio.”

“With these guys on board it was as if Duran Duran had been taken and surrounded in chrome,” adds bassist John Taylor.
“In the past we always went to the big cities to work with the people that were having hit records on the dance floor,” explains drummer Roger Taylor. “When we got to New York last year we found that inspiration again.”

With three glorious tracks under their belt (Nite-Runner, Skin Divers and Zoom In), the new Duran left US shores and returned to the UK where they proceeded to make an album that sounded quite different to ‘Reportage’ with a new production team headed by Timbaland’s right hand man Nate ‘Danja’ Hills and long-time Timbaland collaborator Jimmy Douglass. According to drummer Roger Taylor; “the first time we met Timbaland we were very impressed with this guy sitting in the corner, Nate Hills. Not only was he one of the most incredible beat guys we’d ever come across, he was also a great musician – which filled the gap that might otherwise have been left with Andy gone. So after the initial sessions in New York, we basically kidnapped him and took him to London. He’s got so many ideas. Talent in bucket loads.”

Most of RED CARPET MASSACRE was recorded in three sessions: the first with Timbaland, with a guest spot from Timberlake, at the Manhattan Center Studios in New York; the second phase on the band’s home turf, Sphere Studios in Wandsworth, London over Christmas 2006, presided over by Nate Hills and Jimmy Douglass. And the final burst at Metropolis Studios in West London, produced by Hills and Douglass in early ‘07.

And that would have been that, had it not been for a chance meeting in Birmingham in the Spring when Simon LeBon hooked up again with Justin Timberlake during his UK tour. “Justin asked to hear everything we’d recorded and at the end he said, ‘I think you need an Ordinary World to round things out.’” Duran’s 1992 smash, Timberlake revealed, had been his favorite song when he was a pop crazed 14 year old. And as LeBon remarks, with powerful understatement: “What goes around, comes around.”

A few days later when Justin’s tour touched down in Manchester, England, Duran Duran and Timberlake got together in Blueprint studio and spent 36 hours writing and recording Falling Down – a tune destined to rank as one of the finest pop songs of the early 21st century and now the first single from their upcoming release. Marking one of Timberlake’s first solo productions, this ‘tempo-ballad’ as Justin describes it is “very Duran Duran. He (Simon) wrote some very melancholic/inspirational/cryptic lyrics that are beautiful,” explains Justin. “I think it’s certainly one of the best lyrics that Simon’s written for a very long time,” concurs Nick.

Its parent album RED CARPET MASSACRE is consistently bold and adventurous. “We had to let go of most of our old ideas of what it means to be a band making this,” notes bassist John Taylor, a point which is expanded by Nick Rhodes: “Most of our producers this time had never worked with a band before, and we’d never worked without a guitarist.” “We really had to put our egos aside,” adds Roger Taylor. “We’ve always been very self-contained in the past.”

All four band members agree that they have never worked so hard and fast on any album as they did on RED CARPET MASSACRE. The results, however, speak for themselves. A stellar album that is daring and contemporary and yet quintessentially Duran Duran.

“By the time we get to finish an album,” explains John. “It always feels to me like ‘wow’… there’s a book in there. This is another massive chapter in the band’s history. We’ve made a record that we all feel really good about.”
le Bon

PostitusPostitatud: 2. november, 2007 14:04    Teema: esimese broadway show setlist(ka bootleg kontserdist olemas) Vasta viitega

01/11/07 barrymore theatre

RCM
The Valley
Red Carpet Massacre
Nite-Runner
Falling Down
Box Full o’Honey
Skin Divers
Tempted
Tricked Out
Zoom In
She’s Too Much
Dirty Great Monster
Last Man Standing
electro set (see oli/on võimas)
showroom dummies Exclamation
last chance on the stairway
all she wants is
warm leatherette Exclamation
i don't want your love
skin trade
essentials
notorious
the reflex
I take the dice
ordinary world
come undone
a view to a kill
sunrise
girls on film

Viimati muutis seda le Bon (3. november, 2007 2:24). Kokku muudetud 4 korda
Tagasi üles
Vaata kasutaja profiili Saada privaatsõnum Vaata liikme veebilehte
le Bon

PostitusPostitatud: 2. november, 2007 21:43    Teema: 03.12.07 london cancelled Vasta viitega

DURAN DURAN FORCED TO RESCHEDULE FIRST SHOW IN TWO YEARS AMIDST FEARS OF FAN CHAOS IN CENTRAL LONDON

ODEON CINEMA CHAIN CALL CENTRE CRASHES AS BAND ANNOUNCES THE PREMIERE OF 'RED CARPET MASSACRE'

City Officials Shut Concert Plans Down Fearing For Public Safety As Thousands Of Fans Send Box Office Phone Lines Into Meltdown

Pop legends DURAN DURAN have today (Friday 2nd November) been forced to reschedule the UK premiere of their much anticipated new album RED CARPET MASSACRE at the Odeon Leicester Square, London on December 3rd amidst serious concerns over the safety of their fans and members of the public.

Phone lines to the Odeon box office went into meltdown last Friday (26th October) and over the weekend as tens of thousands of DURAN DURANfans jammed telephone lines to the Odeon’s call centre causing it to crash and preventing members of the public from buying film tickets at the venue after band members Simon LeBon, Nick Rhodes, Roger Taylor and John Taylor announced that they would premier their entire new album, along with classic hits from the past 29 years and a special electro set for one night only in London.

The announcement was made in The Sun newspaper, on several websites and througTV interviews including GMTV’s Entertainment Today and SKY News. Anticipation of the bands stunning new album, which features collaborations with JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE and TIMBALAND has reached fever pitch. The bands website and management company based in New York, were also besieged with hundreds of telephone calls and emails from frustrated UK and European fans desperate to purchase tickets for this unique show.

A spokesman for DURAN DURAN said; “Following advice from the Metropolitan Police and local authorities at Westminster, we regrettably decided to cancel the UK premier of the new album RED CARPET MASSACRE at the Odeon, Leicester Square and move this to a larger venue. There was a serious concern that due to the overwhelming response from fans to the Odeon’s call centre which subsequently crashed, that there would be a considerable number of fans who would be unable to purchase tickets and that would turn up to the show. Ultimately this would lead to serious concerns for their personal safety and crowd control in Leicester Square. The safety of the public and Duran Duran’s fans is of paramount importance to us and our decision to move the show to another venue with a larger capacity was the most sensible option under the circumstances. Simon, Nick, Roger and John are looking forward to performing at the rescheduled London show.”

In 2003 Duran Duran’s original five founding members, Simon Le Bon, Nick Rhodes, John Taylor, Roger Taylor and Andy Taylor reformed for their first British show at London’s Forum. Tickets for the show sold out in four minutes and were later being sold on EBAY for £500 per ticket. The bands last major UK tour in 2004 saw DURAN DURAN perform to 250,000 British fans over a 19 date arena tour, in which the pop legends broke all box office records with five consecutive sold out nights at Wembley Arena to 75,000 fans.

DURAN DURAN, currently in New York, are at the Barrymore Theatre for a record-breaking 10-night residency, the first of its kind by a British band and which concludes on the 13th November

An announcement on the new venue for the London show is expected imminently and will be announced via the media and the band's official website at www.duranduran.com. DuranDuranMusic.com will offer VIP Packages and Presale Tickets prior to the public onsale. Details TBA as soon as available.

The band's new single FALLING DOWN, which was co-written and co-produced with Justin Timberlake, is released on the 12th November. The album RED CARPET MASSACRE is released on the 19th November.
dpr

PostitusPostitatud: 12. juuni, 2008 20:40    Teema: Vasta viitega

tänases SLÕhtulehes sihuke uudis

SLÕhtuleht kirjutas:

Duran Duran esines esimese popansamblina Pariisi kuulsas Louvre'i kunstimuuseumis.

Briti popgrupp andis kontserdi Louvre'i klaaspüramiidis, mille arhitekt on I.M. Pei, kirjutab BBC.

Duran Duran aitas oma esinemisega koguda raha Louvre'i XVIII sajandi kujutava kunsti galeriile, mis avatakse uuesti 2011. aastal.

Duranite laulja Simon Le Bon avaldas lootust, et bändi sõu "tõi naeratuse Mona Lisa näole".

Tagasi üles
Craig

PostitusPostitatud: 8. märts, 2009 20:53    Teema: Vasta viitega

DURAN DURAN have given the War Child charity an exclusive live version of 'A View To A Kill', recorded in Paris last year as part of a collaborative concert with Mark Ronson, which will be available as a bonus download to anyone who buys the European version of the War Child 'Heroes' album, which has just been released.
le Bon

PostitusPostitatud: 9. märts, 2009 10:04    Teema: Vasta viitega

DD tagasi stuudios http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZT1aQ3mS7g

A Blog from Roger
March 6th, 2009

I am ‘blogging’ today from New York City; I am here to do a DJ gig with my partner Jake Fonique at Cielo. We are then going to go on to Florida for another show at Gryphon in the Hard Rock Casino, Hollywood, FLA. DJ’ing has opened a whole new creative energy for me. It’s very exciting but I also have Duran Duran on the brain…

As you know from reading past Blogs, we’ve been back to the Studio. We had two weeks in London, which went really very, very well. We had about 20 ideas for songs – only one good idea but…kidding! I do think we have 20 really great ideas, we are all very excited about it. I feel as though it’s going to be a great album since we’re very free now. The last album, Andy has just left, which was difficult…Timbaland came in to the equation, Justin Timberlake…there was quite a lot of pressure around those sessions… but at the moment it feels like the pressure is off. It is just a very creative place to be, like a young band, just kind of following our instincts. We’re just jamming and jamming and jamming and I think some of the stuff we’ve come up with is some of the best in years. I am really excited about it.

And of course, we have Dom with us, as Red Carpet Massacre was really written without a guitar player. It is great to have a guitarist back in the studio with us, it just takes it in a different direction, which is very cool. It works for us, it seems to make things easier.

When I get back to London we’re going to go back in to the studio with Mark Ronson. I have no idea what it’s going to be like, even though we worked with him on the Smirnoff event in Paris. That was a different thing, it was a live performance, with our songs, his songs… and this is going to be about creating new music. I don’t know how he works at all, how he creates from his end. We have no idea whether he comes in with a Programmer, whether he comes in with a guitar and a drum machine…no clue but we’re excited to see it unfold. We really got on with him in Paris, he is a great guy, totally unpretentious and very talented. He started out his career as a DJ but he is also a great musician. I am feeling very good about it all.

An exciting few weeks for me, I am very much looking forward to how it is all going to come together. Of course, I will keep you posted…

Til the next Blog.

Rtx
dpr

PostitusPostitatud: 19. märts, 2009 21:04    Teema: Vasta viitega

In a thrilling one-off for the Songbook series on Sky Arts, Duran Duran have recorded in London for a small live audience. Combining some of their greatest hits with new material, and revealing the inspiration behind their music.
You can catch the entire interview and performance on Sky Arts, channel 256, Thursday 26th March.
In programme one Simon, Nick, Roger and John talk about the formation of Duran Duran; including how Simon Le Bon turned up for his audition carrying a book full of lyrics and wearing pink leopard skin trousers; how the purchase of their first keyboard led to the writing of Planet Earth; their early years rehearsing above the Rum Runner nightclub in Birmingham; how Nick Rhodes came up with the experimental sounds on their massive hit Rio, after Simon wrote the lyrics on the back of napkin in an American cocktail bar. Songs performed are: Planet Earth, Late Bar, The Chauffeur, Rio, Skin Trade
Programme two: how depressed they were when their 1983 single Union of The Snake failed to enter the charts at Number One, how a chance meeting between John Taylor and Cubby Broccoli led to Duran Duran collaborating with John Barry to write the Bond theme song View To a Kill, how the tragic death of a friend of Simon Le Bon’s was the inspiration behind Ordinary World; the reunion of the full band line-up in 2001, and the creation of ‘The Valley’ from their latest album, Red Carpet Massacre.
Songs performed are: View To a Kill, Do You Believe in Shame, Ordinary World, Reach Up For The Sunrise, The Valley

LiNK
Tagasi üles
dpr

PostitusPostitatud: 11. aprill, 2009 22:44    Teema: Vasta viitega

igast väärt kraami duranitelt tulekul:

Mining the DD catalogue, EMI will be releasing two gems on June 29th (UK)/June 30th (US): The DVD/CD DURAN DURAN – LIVE HAMMERSMITH ‘82! and DURAN DURAN: RIO (2 CD SPECIAL EDITION).

LIVE AT HAMMERSMITH 82! is a much anticipated release among followers of the band. Filmed and recorded in the latter part of 1982 as Duranmania was sweeping England, the performance at London’s Hammersmith Odeon includes “Rio,” “Hungry like the Wolf,” “Girls on Film,” fan favorite “Make Me Smile (Come Up and See Me)” and more. The release also includes “Rio” era videos and two “Top of the Pops” performances.

The RIO 2 CD SPECIAL EDITION is made up of the UK release of the “Rio” album, the original US Harvest album remixes (enabling US listens to programme their CD to be able to listen to the original version), Manchester Square demos, B-Sides, remixes and other surprises.

DVD/CD: Duran Duran – Live Hammersmith '82!
DVD:
Live at Hammersmith ’82:-
Rio
Hungry Like The Wolf
Night Boat
New Religion
Save A Prayer
Planet Earth
Friends Of Mine
Careless Memories
Make Me Smile (Come Up And See Me)
Girls On Film
Rio era videos:-
My Own Way
Hungry Like The Wolf
Save A Prayer
Lonely In Your Nightmare
Rio
The Chauffeur
Top Of The Pops Performances:-
Hungry Like The Wolf (May 13th, 1982)
Rio (November 18th, 1982)

Duran Duran: Rio (2 CD Special Edition)
CD 1:
Original UK album
1/ Rio
2/ My Own Way
3/ Lonely In Your Nightmare
4/ Hungry Like The Wolf
5/ Hold Back The Rain
6/ New Religion
7/ Last Chance On The Stairway
8/ Save A Prayer
9/ The Chauffeur
Original US album mixes released on Harvest/Capitol ST-12211 released November 1982
10/Rio (US album remix)
11/My Own Way (Carnival remix)
12/Lonely In Your Nightmare (US album remix)
13/Hungry Like The Wolf (US album remix)
14/Hold Back The Rain (US album remix)

This enables the US listener to programme their CD to play the original US version of the album.

CD 2:
The Manchester Square demos (recorded 28th August 1981):
1/ Last Chance On The Stairway
2/ My Own Way
3/ New Religion
4/ Like An Angel
Non album singles and B-Sides:
5/ My Own Way (original 7” version) (3.39)
6/ Like An Angel
UK single B side
7/ Careless Memories (live)
UK single B side
8/ The Chauffeur (Blue Silver) (early version)
UK single B side
Versions & Mixes:
9/ My Own Way (Night version)
UK 12" single
10/Hungry Like The Wolf (Night version)
UK 12" single
11/ Rio (Night version)
Dutch 12" Carnival E.P
12/New Religion (Carnival remix)
Japanese 12" Carnival E.P.
13/Hold Back The Rain (Carnival remix)
US 12" Carnival E.P.

Digital only extras:
14/My Own Way (Instrumental version) (6.32)
15/Hold Back The Rain (Alternate remix) (6.38 )

Tagasi üles
Craig

PostitusPostitatud: 25. september, 2009 22:56    Teema: Vasta viitega

Ei viitsind uut teemat teha, pealegi viimane postitus siin aktuaalne..
+
DURAN DURAN are lining up special editions of their albums 'Duran Duran', 'Seven And The Ragged Tiger' and 'Notorious' for release in the first half of next year...

ja

MIDNIGHT OIL's classic single 'Beds Are Burning' has been covered by a group of artists - including DURAN DURAN's SIMON LE BON, BOB GELDOF and THE SCORPIONS - for release as a special single to raise awareness of global warming.
The single will be available as a free download from early October.

ja

CULTURE CLUB, ULTRAVOX, KAJAGOOGOO, DURAN DURAN, CLASSIX NOUVEAUX and THE STRANGLERS will all have concerts, recorded in the early 80s, released as downloads in December.
The shows were originally recorded by the BBC for their 'In Concert' series and will be available on December 7th alongside shows from THE SPECIALS and THE SELECTER that were recorded in 1979.

keda peaks huvitama.
dpr

PostitusPostitatud: 25. november, 2009 20:56    Teema: Vasta viitega

Duranitelt veelgi kraami tulemas, järgmise aasta veebruaris Arcadia - So Red The Rose 2CD+DVD reliis.
Sisaldab loomulikult kõikvõimalikke mikse ja lisalugusid.

LiNK

Kahju, et dvd-le bändi esinemisi BBC Top Of The Popis pole lisatud, Election Dayd olen kunagi näinud, tüüpe oli laval päris lahe näha, eriti arvestades seda, et tegu oli puhtalt stuudioprojektiga.

Tea kas tüübid kindlustavad vaikselt pensionipõlve? Very Happy
Kõigepealt Rio kõikvõimalikes variantides, nüüd So Red The Rose; ja Duran Duran ja 7 and The Ragged Tiger ja Notorius peaks ka special editionitena millalgi tulema.
Tagasi üles
dpr

PostitusPostitatud: 10. detsember, 2009 20:48    Teema: Vasta viitega

Seven and The Ragged Tiger special edition märtsis 2010. 2CD+DVD.

tracklistid ja kõik muu --> LiNK
Tagasi üles
Craig

PostitusPostitatud: 15. jaanuar, 2010 13:18    Teema: Vasta viitega

DURAN DURAN and MICK KARN both feature on a new tribute album dedicated to DAVID BOWIE that will be released on January 26th.
le Bon

PostitusPostitatud: 23. veebruar, 2010 9:21    Teema: Vasta viitega

...the new album will be out this Summer. The band has also signed with Mute Records...

has signed - hetkel kõlakas, ei muud
Craig

PostitusPostitatud: 8. juuli, 2010 22:17    Teema: Vasta viitega

We have 9 out of 12 songs which are pretty much done. Rhodes hopes to be finished by mid-July and then mix the material in September. The album will - still according to Rhodes - be out in the first quarter of next year.

The band has been working on new material since the beginning of February 2009.

The band has also quit with Sony Music and decided to break with people such as Timbaland and Timberlake who clearly watered down the typical Duran Duran personality.
(thumbs up)
Craig

PostitusPostitatud: 2. august, 2010 1:03    Teema: Vasta viitega

DURAN DURAN's new album is rumoured to be titled 'King of Nowhere'.

The band have, however, confirmed that Scissor Sisters' Ana Matronic has guested on one track on the album, 'Safe', and producer Mark Ronson has previewed a 30-second snippet of a new track entitled 'Blame The Machine' during his weekly slot on New York's East Village Radio.
Craig

PostitusPostitatud: 20. oktoober, 2010 12:38    Teema: Vasta viitega

siiski...

DURAN DURAN have announced that their new album, scheduled for release in the first half of next year, will be entitled "All You Need Is Now".
Craig

PostitusPostitatud: 9. detsember, 2010 20:00    Teema: Vasta viitega

DURAN DURAN have been forced to cancel their forthcoming South African tour dates which were due to start next week. The cancellation is apparently down to poor ticket sales and full refunds are available.

vat siis
Reasta teated:   
Uus teema   Vasta teemale    SATELLITE -> Üldine diskussioon Kõik ajad on GMT + 3 Tundi
Mine lehele 1, 2  Järgmine
Lehekülg 1, lehekülgi kokku 2

Hüppa:  
Sa ei saa teha siia alafoorumisse uusi teemasid
Sa ei saa vastata siinsetele teemadele
Sa ei saa muuta oma postitusi
Sa ei saa kustutada oma postitusi
Sa ei saa hääletada küsitlustes