KKK  |  Otsi  |  Liikmete nimekiri  |  Kasutajagrupid  |  Registreeri 
Profiil  |  Privaatsõnumite lugemiseks logi sisse  |  Logi sisse

Martin rahastab Antoni filmi Joy Divisionist
Mine lehele 1, 2  Järgmine

Uus teema   Vasta teemale    SATELLITE -> Üldine diskussioon
Vaata eelmist teemat :: Vaata järgmist teemat  
Autor Teade
Indrek

PostitusPostitatud: 12. jaanuar, 2007 12:33    Teema: Martin rahastab Antoni filmi Joy Divisionist Vasta viitega

Home kodukalt

Mojo magazine’s February issue is reporting that Depeche Mode’s Martin L. Gore is partly help financing the new film “Control”. Control is the story of the legendary band Joy Division and is being directed by long time DM collaborator, Anton Corbijn.

Here is an excerpt:

In the Shadow Play.

Directed by Dutch photographer Anton Corbijn, Control is set to open in UK cinemas in March, 2 years after its American producers Orian Williams and Tom Eckhert first contacted Mojo to discuss their new project. Eckert has spoken about their lengthy effort to get the film off the ground, having optioned the rights to 'Touching from a distance' in the late 90's. ''I don't think there are many really great stories out there.'' said Todd. ''But this is one of them.''

Williams, in particular, felt it crucial to find a director whom both Deborah and the surviving members of Joy Division could trust. Though Anton Corbijn had yet to direct a full feature film, the Dutchman’s credentials were impeccable. In 1980 he moved from Holland to Britain specifically to photograph the group, his iconic shots for NME launching a career that would see him in the 80's and beyond become first choice lensman for U2, Depeche Mode and R.E.M.

Indeed it was non other than Bono who told Williams at a party in 2004, ''You've got to get Anton to direct this movie''.

''Initially, (Corbijn) did not want to make a film about a musician”, explains Williams. ''But then he realized it wasn't a conventional biopic, it was a love story.'' Once on board the director's first stipulation was that the film should be shot in moody black and white. The result, says Williams has an ''abstract poetic, epic feel, but it's not arty, its not a fever dream. Its traditionally mapped out- Antons a big fan of old English movies, he loves David Lean, Truffuant, Jim Jarmush, (Loach's) Kes.''

Control - part-financed by Depeche Mode's Martin Gore - has, it seems won some important fans. The surviving members of Joy Division saw a preview on November 28th, reporting to Mojo that they ''very much approve of it and will be backing it 100%''. ''Initially the group were disinterested in the film, but at the same time were intrigued and wanted to get involved'' says Williams.''When we first met them backstage at a gig in Liverpool in 2005, Bernard said 'Just have some fun with it.' We did and the finished Movie is amazing.''

Control will be released in spring 2007, for more info go to www.controlthemovie.com
Tagasi üles
Vaata kasutaja profiili Saada privaatsõnum
Kuratino

PostitusPostitatud: 14. jaanuar, 2007 16:37    Teema: Vasta viitega

äkki keegi viitsib pealkirjas Joy Division`i kirjapildi õigeks muuta.....snx.
dpr

PostitusPostitatud: 14. jaanuar, 2007 19:10    Teema: Vasta viitega

üks vana uudis siia juurde, mis ka 'Control' filmiga otsapidi seotud on:

Tsiteerin::
New Order in battle with Joy Division film director
Band say 'Control' director has too much - eh - 'control'
New Order have criticised the makers of Joy Division film 'Control'.

The band were set to record the soundtrack to the movie, currently being shot by long term photographer Anton Corbijn. However bassist Peter Hook has said things are not going according the plan.

"I'm pissed about the movie right now because Anton Corbijn (director) seems to be getting too much control, precisely," he explained. "I would have preferred that he showed more respect for us. That's what he should do...Anton is too passionate about the movie but I think he should have a wider view. At the beginning he would say: 'Come everyone to help' but now he closed the doors and sent everyone to piss off."

The bassist told Pagina/12 magazine he was particularly annoyed that Corbijn was getting involved in the band's musical contribution.

"We're suppose to (record the film's soundtrack) but the problem is that he's telling us what to do," said Hook. "If we don't tell him how to direct, why is he telling us how to make music? Bernard (Sumner - singer) and Stephen seem to be OK about it but it bothers me a lot."

Tagasi üles
marek
Site Admin

PostitusPostitatud: 14. jaanuar, 2007 20:52    Teema: Vasta viitega

Kuratino kirjutas:
äkki keegi viitsib pealkirjas Joy Division`i kirjapildi õigeks muuta.....snx.

tehtud

Depeche Mode kontrollermix vol2 by fade:over
Tagasi üles
Vaata kasutaja profiili Saada privaatsõnum Saada e-mail Vaata liikme veebilehte
Tinn

PostitusPostitatud: 18. Mai, 2007 0:30    Teema: Vasta viitega

Võtan selle vana teema jälle üles, sest BBC-s jäi täna selline uudis silma.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/6667197.stm

Cannes-i filmifestivalil on Antoni esikfilm igatahes väga sooja vastuvõtu leidnud.
Indrek

PostitusPostitatud: 18. Mai, 2007 9:48    Teema: Vasta viitega

Põhimõtteliselt sama uudis ka Home kodukalt, ehk uudiseid kanni filmifestivalilt:

“Control” at Cannes
May 18 01:31 cet

Depeche Mode’s long time collaborator, Anton Corbijn, made his directorial debut with the film “Control”. The film, based on Ian Curtis of Joy Division, has been very well received at this years Cannes Film Festival.

CANNES, France (AP) -- A small film about a short-lived rock star is making a big splash at Cannes.

“Control”—the story of Joy Division singer Ian Curtis, who committed suicide at 23 -- marks the feature-film directing debut of rock photographer Anton Corbijn and features a star-making performance from British unknown Sam Riley.

The ingredients are familiar—a soupcon of sex, a dash of drugs, a blast of rock ‘n’ roll. But “Control,” which opened the film festival’s Directors’ Fortnight on Thursday, is far from a standard showbiz biopic.

Shot in stark black-and-white and set in gritty, unglamorous 1970s England, it re-creates the life of a singer who died unhappy and almost unknown but has secured a place in rock mythology.

The part came out of the blue for Riley, 27, who had abandoned an acting career to take an unsuccessful shot at fame with his band 10,000 Things.

“I don’t think we ever troubled the charts,” he said drily.

When Riley heard about auditions for the film, “I was working in a warehouse in Leeds, folding shirts.”

If the enthusiastic reception in Cannes is any indication, Riley can give up the day job. He is riveting as Curtis, an intense, charismatic performer who often appeared remote offstage.

Netherlands-born Corbijn, who turns 52 on Sunday, photographed Joy Division for British music magazines and went on to design album covers for Depeche Mode and U2. He said he knew as soon as he met Riley that he was perfect for the part.

When he moved to Britain in 1979, Corbijn said he was shocked by the country’s austerity and poverty.

“A lot of bands I met, including Joy Division, were kind of underdressed—a thin coat on, smoking and shivering in the cold,” he said. “When I met Sam it was also in the winter and he was totally the same.”

Pale and big-eyed, Riley resembles Curtis—but more importantly, said Corbijn, he “had an innocence and a freshness that I was hoping for but never thought I would find.”

Fans of music from the English city of Manchester, especially those who have seen Michael Winterbottom’s “24 Hour Party People,” will recognize the film’s milieu. It is set in northern England in the late 1970s, a place of gray skies and grim prospects that produced a slew of original and innovative bands, from the Buzzcocks to The Fall.

One of the most original was Joy Division, which melded guitars and electronica with Curtis’s baritone voice to create striking songs like “Transmission” and “Love Will Tear Us Apart.” They never hit the big time. Curtis, troubled by a failing marriage and worsening epilepsy, killed himself in 1980, on the eve of the band’s first U.S. tour.

Since then, Joy Division has been cited as an influence by Nine Inch Nails and U2, among others. The surviving band members went on to found ‘80s hitmakers New Order.

Adapted from a memoir by Curtis’ widow Deborah—played in the film by Samantha Morton—“Control” is an intense but far from grim experience. Shot through with down-to-earth northern English humor, it features a soundtrack that runs from David Bowie and Roxy Music to the Sex Pistols. Joy Division’s songs were convincingly re-created for the film by the actors, who all played their own instruments.

The other film flying the flag for rock ‘n’ roll at Cannes is the multicolored opposite of “Control.” The rockumentary “U2 3D,” which premieres Saturday, promises to let audiences see Bono, The Edge and bandmates, not only in color, but in eye-popping 3D.

Corbijn—who captured U2 in black and white for the “Joshua Tree” album cover—said he never considered shooting his Joy Division film in color.

“My whole memory of that period is black and white,” he said. “There is basically no color photography of that band around. So it felt very proper to the project.”

Source:
(Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
Tagasi üles
fs

PostitusPostitatud: 20. Mai, 2007 12:58    Teema: Vasta viitega

kurat, seda filmi tahaks juba kyll näha.
Vaata kasutaja profiili Saada privaatsõnum Vaata liikme veebilehte
painkiller

PostitusPostitatud: 20. Mai, 2007 22:55    Teema: Vasta viitega

Tahaks jah
Kuna linastub kuskil ?
kodulehel ei ole ka midagi
Tagasi üles
Vaata kasutaja profiili Saada privaatsõnum Vaata liikme veebilehte MSN Messenger
Craig

PostitusPostitatud: 22. Mai, 2007 2:32    Teema: Vasta viitega

rega end njuusi saajate listi

okokok
ehk siis:
We're very pleased to announce that Control will open the Director's Fortnight
at the Cannes International Film Festival on May 17. The official trailer will be available soon.
dpr

PostitusPostitatud: 7. september, 2007 7:28    Teema: Vasta viitega

Lähim koht kus "Controli" õige pea näha saab on 20. septembril algaval Rakkautta & Anarkiaa filmifestivalil Helsingis. "Control" on lausa festivali avafilm.

lingid kah:

http://www.hiff.fi/
http://www.hiff.fi/elokuvat/elokuva.html?elokuva_id=1
Tagasi üles
noise

PostitusPostitatud: 7. september, 2007 14:11    Teema: Vasta viitega

rootsi mingi kanali pealt oli intervjuu Corbjiniga, peamiselt tema fotodest ja räägiti ka sellest, et Control tuleb Rootsis kinodesse, oktoobri alguses, kui ma ei eksi.
trc

PostitusPostitatud: 14. september, 2007 11:49    Teema: Vasta viitega

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzWLpW99vyE
Tagasi üles
Vaata kasutaja profiili Saada privaatsõnum MSN Messenger
painkiller

PostitusPostitatud: 21. september, 2007 10:54    Teema: Vasta viitega

20 sept alanud soome filmifestivali Armastus ja Anarhia avas Control.

Kaua veel peab ootama ?
Tagasi üles
Vaata kasutaja profiili Saada privaatsõnum Vaata liikme veebilehte MSN Messenger
dpr

PostitusPostitatud: 21. september, 2007 12:30    Teema: Vasta viitega

Eesti kinodes seda vaevalt näha õnnestub Confused
Tagasi üles
trc

PostitusPostitatud: 24. september, 2007 13:33    Teema: Vasta viitega

dpr kirjutas:

asjaga suhteliselt hästi kursisolev isik ytles, et noh kinodesse ta tõesti ei tule küll aga jääb võimalus, et äkki PÖFF'il näidatakse.
Tagasi üles
fs

PostitusPostitatud: 16. oktoober, 2007 16:32    Teema: Vasta viitega

trc kirjutas:
dpr kirjutas:

asjaga suhteliselt hästi kursisolev isik ytles, et noh kinodesse ta tõesti ei tule küll aga jääb võimalus, et äkki PÖFF'il näidatakse.

Sad
Craig

PostitusPostitatud: 17. oktoober, 2007 8:59    Teema: EuroNews Vasta viitega

Tuli meelde, et ükspäev (arvan, et see võis olla mingi eelmine laubä või pühabä) tutvustati lühidalt seda filmi EuroNews kanalil. Sõna said peaosatäitja, Anton ja Bernard (New Orderist). Jupiti näidati filmi kah.
Craig

PostitusPostitatud: 29. oktoober, 2007 11:20    Teema: Filmijupp ja musa Vasta viitega

http://www.controlthemovie.com/
olli

PostitusPostitatud: 29. oktoober, 2007 14:52    Teema: Vasta viitega

ja soundtrack on loomulikult ka häbematult hea Cool !
Tagasi üles
noise

PostitusPostitatud: 31. oktoober, 2007 15:16    Teema: Vasta viitega

23 novemberil linastub "Control" Stockholmi filmifestivalil voistlusvoorus, kuhu tuleb kohale ka Anton ise, arvatavasti ainult sellepärast, et odavalt Hasselblade juurde osta.
Saime Hannaga molemad pressiakrediteeringud, voimalik et kumbki meist läheb teda filmifestivali ajalehe intervjuu tarbeks pildistama. pähh pähh digitaalkaameraga
noise

PostitusPostitatud: 31. oktoober, 2007 15:17    Teema: Vasta viitega

23 novemberil linastub "Control" Stockholmi filmifestivalil voistlusvoorus, kuhu tuleb kohale ka Anton ise, arvatavasti ainult sellepärast, et odavalt Stockholmist Hasselblade juurde osta.
Saime Hannaga molemad pressiakrediteeringud, voimalik et kumbki meist läheb teda filmifestivali ajalehe intervjuu tarbeks pildistama. pähh pähh digitaalkaameraga.
fs

PostitusPostitatud: 1. november, 2007 1:31    Teema: Vasta viitega

noh, see vist pole enam kellelegi uudis, aga igaks juhuks siiski - Mojo novembrinumbris Corbijn räägib filmist ja pisut ka siis Curtisest ja Joy Divisionist.
fs

PostitusPostitatud: 16. november, 2007 4:08    Teema: Vasta viitega

trc kirjutas:
dpr kirjutas:

nyyd siis selgus, et PÖFFile ei tule see kindlasti Sad
Craig

PostitusPostitatud: 6. aprill, 2008 0:13    Teema: Psyche video for Joy Division cover 'Disorder' Vasta viitega

Psyche is to release a limited fan edition 7" single with exclusive vinyl mixes of the Joy Division cover "Disorder" and "Eternal-Live".

Joy Division's "Disorder" was interpreted in a brand new style as an example of what to expect on Psyche's forthcoming album. The single is available on 7" which comes in a hard carton sleeve printed in matt design and pressed on thick 40 gram vinyl. Expect also a few inserts, and a plastic protector bag. The singles are individually hand numbered and limited to just 500 copies. Available from April 15th, 2008 on.

Klipp http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qj79-VKlNUU&e

Täitsa paneb jala tatsuma...
Davets

PostitusPostitatud: 6. aprill, 2008 11:17    Teema: Re: Psyche video for Joy Division cover 'Disorder' Vasta viitega

Craig kirjutas:
Psyche is to release a limited fan edition 7" single with exclusive vinyl mixes of the Joy Division cover "Disorder" and "Eternal-Live".

Joy Division's "Disorder" was interpreted in a brand new style as an example of what to expect on Psyche's forthcoming album. The single is available on 7" which comes in a hard carton sleeve printed in matt design and pressed on thick 40 gram vinyl. Expect also a few inserts, and a plastic protector bag. The singles are individually hand numbered and limited to just 500 copies. Available from April 15th, 2008 on.

Klipp http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qj79-VKlNUU&e

Täitsa paneb jala tatsuma...

On väga hea lugu ja Psyche ise on ju ka üks kuramuse hea asi Wink Mis, 500 koopiat ainult nii hea loo kohta? Ma ei jõuaks elusees vist küüned taha selle ltd ed. koopiatele. Tuleb kasutada piraatlust Smile
Tagasi üles
Reasta teated:   
Uus teema   Vasta teemale    SATELLITE -> Üldine diskussioon Kõik ajad on GMT + 3 Tundi
Mine lehele 1, 2  Järgmine
Lehekülg 1, lehekülgi kokku 2

Hüppa:  
Sa ei saa teha siia alafoorumisse uusi teemasid
Sa ei saa vastata siinsetele teemadele
Sa ei saa muuta oma postitusi
Sa ei saa kustutada oma postitusi
Sa ei saa hääletada küsitlustes